Journeys Memory Care at Oakland offers a memory care program for loved ones, personalized to meet the needs of wherever they are at in their journey.
Memory impairment affects everyone differently and can be difficult to navigate for both the individual experiencing it and their family. At our signature Journeys Memory Care community we aim to help you or your loved one through this journey.
This signature program is specifically designed for those living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Residing in a secure memory care community allows residents to maintain their functional abilities with a heightened level of safety. The staff at our center are dedicated to bringing joy and supporting residents’ physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs. Level of care plans are customized to help maintain independence and quality of life at each stage.
What Makes Journeys Unique?
The Journeys Memory Care Program includes:
- Highly experienced, dedicated caregivers
- Certified Dementia Practitioners on staff
- Stage-specific programming that stimulates the mind
- Evidence-based approaches that engage residents
The dementia care team at our center includes nurses, rehabilitation professionals, a psychologist, physician and more to ensure residents enjoy meaningful engagement daily:
- Individualized activity plans based on interests and abilities
- Fresh meals, music, children, pets and gardens
- Life enrichment programs that maintain life skills and leisure pursuits
- Family involvement
We encourage family to visit and remain involved in residents’ care plans:
- Dedicated visiting spaces
- Routine communication and medical care updates
- LifeLoop technology to see daily activities and events
Is Journeys Right For Your Loved One?
Changes in memory function can be stressful those living with dementia. Common signs memory care services may be needed:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Increased anxiety, wanderings or mood changes
- Cognitive impairment and difficulty recognizing people or completing familiar tasks
Please reach out to learn about how we can provide the right support through your loved one’s journey.